Avon Lake Regional Water
201 Miller Road
Avon Lake, Ohio 44012
(440) 933-6226 (24/7, automated transfers evenings and weekends)
Fax (440) 933-8842
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. (open at 7:30 a.m. during the summer)
Another after-hours option: (440) 933-3229. The Avon Lake Regional Water water filtration plant. That’s the same place you’ll get when you call our main number (440) 933-6226 after hours. They’ll contact one of our on-call crew to come help you.
What we do, what the City of Avon Lake does, what you do
Water main breaks–we do it
Looks like: A fountain sprouting out of the ground, usually in the grass closest to the street. Call us.
Storm flooding–the City of Avon Lake, Public Works
If you see the road covered with water, but the surface of the water is still and you cannot identify the source of the water, it is likely street flooding caused by storm water runoff. Call Avon Lake Public Works at (440) 930-4101.
In time of extreme storms, there have been reports of water coming in through basement windows/window wells. This happens because of copious amounts of storm water and poorly draining soil. This, as with all other storm water issues, is under the purview of Avon Lake Public Works, (440) 930-4101.
Basement backups–call us
No matter what, give us a call at (440) 933-6226. Immediately call us and give your home address and telephone number. We’ll send a crew out as soon as possible to check the sanitary sewer for problems. Here’s what you might be seeing:
- Surcharging wastewater coming up through your basement floor drain. We’ll check to see where it’s coming from. If the blockage is in our sanitary sewer under your street, we’ll work to clear it.
- Clogged sewer lateral. If there’s no surcharge happening at the street (see above), you may have a clog in your sewer line on your property. You’ll need to call a plumber. Call us for a list of contractors you can use.
- Water coming through your sump pump crock. You are welcome to call us for guidance, but it’s likely the rain is just overpowering your pump, or your pump is not working. Call a plumber or home handyman if you need on-site help.
Water main breaks-Please note the location and call us at the numbers above, depending on what time of day it is. We’ll have someone there as soon as possible.
Water line breaks–If a water line breaks in your home, locate and turn off the shut-off valve in the basement and contact your plumber. If a yard line breaks, call us and we will check it for you.
Street flooding (from storms/rain water runoff)– During business hours: Immediately call the Avon Lake Service Dept. at (440) 930-4101. After hours, call the Avon Lake Police at 440-933-4567 and they will contact the Service Department.
Board of Municipal Utilities – Our board is elected by you and is interested in your feedback about Avon Lake’s water and sanitary sewer services. Please feel free to contact any of our board members with comments, questions or concerns:
– John Dzwonczyk 216-870-0151
– Randy Phillips 440-930-5027
– Tim Rush 440-933-0859
– Dana Schnabel 440-930-0450